Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Did I Just Turn Myself In for Something I Didn't Do??

I'm not sure what I did, but I think I just reported my blog as a "phishing" site. I was trying to access it through a link on another blog, and I got a weird message about "phishing" as well. Why? I'm not sure. I wonder if it has something to do with the google analytics thing I have been playing with. To be honest, I still haven't really figured it out. It seems interesting and all, but there is a lot of data that I don't need. All I want to know is "Did someone come and read anything on my blog?" What I get is maps and charts and calendars and numbers and all kinds of other things. Maybe it's not such a good idea after all to be using it? If people try to come to my blog but are warned that I am "phishing", which I am not, then they will probably not come. Right? Right!

I don't even know what I would be "phishing" for if I was "phishing." Even if I were to get someone's personal information, it's not like I would know what to do with it. And, I don't have anything to sell anyone.

Now that I think about this, I really should do some more research. That might clear up a few things. I said MIGHT. It MIGHT. It also might not.

No comments:

Post a Comment