Friday, July 30, 2010

God Loves a Winner?

I don't even know how I came across this video, to be honest. I was just playing around on youtube, and there it was. So, I watched it. And, I cringed. And, now I am writing a blog about it.



Okay there, Evander. First off, I don't think god is really on your side with this one. I'm pretty darn sure that he isn't crazy about you getting into a ring to intentionally pound the snot out of someone else while others gather around, get drunk, cheer, and make bets. It just doesn't seem like the kind of thing a good god would do. The idea that a deity would be all for this makes me a tad nervous. Is this what our grand leader who art in heaven really and truly wants from all of us?? Is this the way god intended the world to be; his incredible master plan for the human race?? If so, we are all failing him miserably by not all becoming heavy weight boxers and beating people up. No, I'm sorry Mr. Holyfield, I just can't buy that god was all pumped up about this particular card. I don't think he was on the sidelines pulling for you as much as he was walking away, his hands in the air, saying "Look, you guys are on your own with this one. I don't recall telling anyone that I was okay with this. Is it in the bible? NO. You know why? Just guess. I'll give you three guesses. Who was the genius that thought up this 'sport'? When it's all done, don't call me, I'll call you."

No comments:

Post a Comment