Friday, August 11, 2017

First Yelp Review: Gord's Appliance Service, Winnipeg.

Well, I took to Yelp for the first time in order to give a review of Gord's Appliance Service in Winnipeg after an absolutely terrible experience. So, I thought, what the heck, I will share it here. I'm still so frustrated about the whole situation. Dammit all!

********

Wow. Yesterday I dealt with Gord. That was one horrid experience, let me tell you. This COULD take a while to explain, so bear with me. We have Kenmore stacker washer and dryer. The washer done up and broke on us, and it is on the bottom of the stack. The set is in our mud room in the back of our house which also serves as a bathroom and is, admittedly cramped.

I called Sears and one of the people they recommended calling was good ol' Gord. So, I did. His rates seemed reasonable enough. He was gruff on the phone, but, whatever, maybe he would be better in person. NO. Not at all. He came into the mud room and started whining and complaining that he couldn't work in that small space, for starters (although we have had other repair people work in there with no problem). One of the issues, I guess, was that the top dryer had to come off which was something I was more than prepared to take care of. I mean, I don't know. The reason I called a "professional" was because I had no idea what was wrong and what needed to be done. Well, this dude was FAR from professional. He acted like he had never seen a situation like this and that I was ridiculous for even thinking that he might be able to deal with this in a professional manner. He acted like a teenager who was just asked to clean his room or something. It was rather weird. He was confrontational, grumpy and generally completely unhelpful making an already stressful situation THAT MUCH WORSE! How has this guy managed to stay in business??

So, to say the least I cannot possibly recommend this guy. In the end I was just glad that he was out of the house so I didn't have to deal with him anymore. I've never been happier to see the backside of a repairman.

*********

And there you have it, the short story of my horrid encounter with Gord. Ugh.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you take pride in what you write. This makes you stand way out from many other writers that push poorly written content. NXR, Dacor, Viking, Thermador Stove & Range In Coronado

    ReplyDelete