Friday, January 1, 2010

Would YOU Wear This??

I'm no fashion expert, I will freely admit that. I have no clue what is going on in the fashion world. I skip over the fashion channel on TV as fast as I possibly can. I can't say I have ever read a fashion magazine. I couldn't tell you what is hot and what is not. I wouldn't know high end, trendy fashion if my life depended on it. BUT, I do know what I would never wear, and that is a giant bug on my head. Who the heck would buy this hat??? It's in a shop in a very chic part of Munich, Germany. It MUST be expensive. There is nothing on that street that isn't expensive. Okay, let's face it, this is an expensive hat! To wear this hat, someone would have to shell out some mighty big dollars!

Honestly though, I would love to go to a dinner party where someone was actually wearing this...this...thing. What would one say to someone wearing a hat with a giant bug on it? Could I lie and say, "Nice hat!"? How could I not stare? How long would it be before someone smacked her on the head thinking it was a real bug? How long before she would leave in a huff saying, "Hmph, those peons wouldn't know fashion if their life depended on it! Take me home Armando!"

So, am I missing something here? Have I not been paying attention? Are more and more ladies wearing giant bugs on their heads?? Is this the 'in' thing to be doing? Am I that out of touch?

2 comments:

  1. I actually would. Because I like oddball stuff. But I'd never, ever dish out money for it. Just saying I'd happily wear it if it were gifted to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Ummmm....how embarrassing. I promise that if I saw you in it I would not stare and or laugh. In fact, I'm sure it would look very lovely. I didn't mean to offend those who would actually wear a giant bug on their head at all. :)

    ReplyDelete