Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ahhhh, Whistler.

It seems to me that about the only place on earth where you would find a letter like this would be in Whistler, BC. This was in the Pique Newsmagazine (http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/). No date is given as to when it was published. I want to go on the record as saying that I think more letters should contain the phrase "stuck in my craw", don't you?

********************************

A little respect for others

So rarely does something get stuck in my craw, but lately I swear! Bear with me and I'll make this rant as short and sweet as possible.

I'm just guessing here but I imagine that if my friends and I climbed over your fence one night and were hanging out uninvited in your hot tub or living room you would tell us to get out and probably call the cops, you might even consider kicking my ass. That reaction would be entirely reasonable as we were trespassing on your property. See where I'm heading with this?

Last night I told a guy to "get the ^%$ out of my hot tub" and I am unapologetic about this, especially since this stranger is a repeat visitor, never brings us any beer and hasn't offered to help us with our strata fees. Whistler is always a much nicer place to live when people aren't climbing over other people's fences, taking other people's bikes and dropping litter everywhere but there's always one tool isn't there? Moving on...

There are a number of people who can not walk five metres in either direction to put a drink bottle or piece of trash in the garbage. You know who you are and you suck. I see these benevolent strollers picking up random pieces of garbage they see and I want to say a big "thank you," but obviously it must be a struggle for them to keep up with so many idiots opting to leave their garbage on the ground instead of using a bin. Whistler is so beautiful with so many bins, so I have to ask, what is your excuse?

Julie Andrews

Whistler

****************************

Oh ya! You tell 'em Julie Andrews...if that is indeed your real name!? The hills are alive with the sound of your complaints! I hope this letter makes those damn hot tub hooligans see the error in their ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment