Thursday, April 15, 2010

WWJD??

The Ledger-Enquirer newspaper of Columbus, Georgia (http://www.ledger-enquirer.com) received this letter which they printed on Thursday, April 8th, 2010.
_________________________________

House defiled

Congressman Bishop tried to blame Jesus for his own decision to vote for a catastrophic bill, but if Jesus did go to Washington, D.C., and step into the House chamber, I believe Jesus would be turning over tables and desks everywhere to run off the money exchangers.

Hal Kirven

Columbus

__________________________________

Now, I'm not an overly religious guy, BUT, I'm thinking that Jesus wouldn't do what Mr. Kirven believes he would do. Jesus doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would turn over tables and desks. I could be wrong. Maybe this is a reference to some sort of biblical event that I don't know of? Highly possible.

2 comments:

  1. Anyone unaware of Jesus' disruption of the money changers in the Temple has not read the Bible, and should not be commenting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. There is actually a bible story about it? Well, color me pink with whatever. I owe you an apology. I guess the deal is that I just can't see Jesus going into a place and flipping tables and running people out. Doesn't that go against the turn the other cheek thing? Man, the bible and that Jesus guy are complicated.

    ReplyDelete