Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crime Reporting.

A few days ago, I was reading a story in the Toronto star about a shooting in Times Square, in lovely New York City. You may have heard of the place? Anyway, in the report, it said, "Overall, crime in the city continues to decrease despite an uptick in murders, felony assaults and rapes."

What was that again? First of all, I can't say I have ever heard the word uptick before. But, most importantly, if murder, rape and assault went up, what crimes went down?? Those three are kinda the big ones, no? Put it this way, they are the ones that concern ME the most. I'm not so concerned about jaywalkers or people sticking gum on subway seats. I AM concerned about being murdered! I don't think I am the only way who shares that sentiment, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment